For More Information About Alpha Corporation's Energy/Utility Services,
Contact Us Now.
In order to meet an increasing global demand for energy, the Oil and Gas industry is faced with an unprecedented requirement to expand its supply. This includes the need for greater exploration and production (E&P), expansion of pipeline/transportation, and the requirement to produce more refinery output.
To profitably meet this demand, efficient planning and execution of projects that drive the Oil and Gas business is paramount. Several factors complicate this challenge:
- Significant global expansion in exploration and capital projects
- Projects are becoming more complex
- Project costs continue to grow, while averaging 40% over budget
- Skilled-labor pool is shrinking, where 50% will retire in the next 10 years
Alpha offers the following services to support Oil and Gas Projects:
- Program and Project Management Platform Evaluation, Selection, and Implementation
- Capital Project and Outage Project Management and Controls Staff Support
- Business Process Definition and Analysis
- Engineering and Construction Management
||Project Controls Systems Optimization
Constellation Energy, Baltimore Gas and Electric
Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE) retained Alpha Corporation to assess BGE’s current Project Control System, BGE’s implementation of Primavera as a project controls tool, and to provide recommendations and consulting services for system’s optimization. Alpha provided a comprehensive set of services including reviewing BGE’s current processes, practices and procedures, the Primavera implementation, the integration with other systems, providing detailed recommendations for the optimization strategy and the technical support to implement the strategy.
||Shell Oil - Martinez
Alpha implemented an earned value reporting system to track original and DWR turnaround work separately for each contractor. This cost reporting process effectively separated craft resources from support resource for the earned value calculations.
||Primavera Implementation Consulting for Conoco Philips
Conoco Phillips, Inc., Calgary, Canada
Alpha consultants provided Primavera training and workshop sessions to a project core team and select end users. Alpha services included Primavera consulting in support of the P6 rollout as a resource management tool.