For More Information About Alpha Corporation's Energy/Utility Services,
Contact Us Now.
As Power Plants strive to ensure adequate power generation and continuity of service, they are confronted with a myriad of challenges. Among these include growing energy consumption, rising fuel prices, and increased competition in a changing market.
Adding to the complexity of these market dynamics, Power Plants must manage several other key challenges:
- Plant expansion, life extension, increasing output, and new construction (nuclear, wind, water, solar)
- Merger and/or acquisitions due to increased demand
- Regulatory compliance requirements (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley)
- Effects of natural event – shifting population changes, accidents, weather, emergencies
- Competitive market landscape with new players
- Major shift toward alternative fuels
- Diminished critical competencies due to loss of skilled labor, while industry deregulation creates competition over a limited labor pool
Alpha offers the following services to support Power Plant Projects:
- Program and Project Management Platform Evaluation, Selection, and Implementation
- Capital Project and Outage Project Management and Controls Staff Support
- Business Process Definition and Analysis
- Engineering and Construction Management
||Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
Arizona Public Service Company
Alpha was commissioned by Arizona Public Service Company to perform a Current Environment Assessment of the Palo Verde Nuclear Plant to form an understanding of the client's project management environment, processes and business as it relates specifically to the Primavera application and to their training needs in particular. The contract also included the development of P6 Web Configuration Design, a training plan and role-based P6 web training materials.